Chomsky - It's Time the Vaccine Hesitant Cleared Out.

 


Noam Chomsky has had it with the anti-vax crowd. It's time for them to clear out.


MIT professor emeritus and political activist Noam Chomsky said he believes that while unvaccinated people have the right to refuse a COVID jab, they should “have the decency to isolate” from the community for the safety of others.

“People who refuse to accept vaccines, I think the right response for them is not to force them to, but rather to insist that they be isolated. If people decide, ‘I am willing to be a danger to the community by refusing to vaccinate,’ they should say then, ‘Well, I also have the decency to isolate myself. I don’t want a vaccine, but I don’t have the right to run around harming people.’ That should be a convention,” said Chomsky.

“Enforcing is a different question. It should be understood, and we should try to get it to be understood. If it really reaches the point where they are severely endangering people, then of course you have to do something about it,” he added.

“Suppose there are people who say ‘it’s an attack on my liberty to make me stop at a red light. It’s government overreach.’ They don’t want the state to have that power ‘over my private life’ … Well, such people should have the decency to remove themselves from the community,’” he said.

“If they refuse to do that, then measures have to be taken to safeguard the community from them.”

When asked how we would get food to the anti-vax horde, Chomsky said, "that's their problem."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating the Minefield of Short-Termism

The Gun We Point at Our Own Heads

The Cognoscenti Syndrome